Latest Business of Integrity Blog Posts
Malaysia Boldly Enforces Private Sector Bribery Law
May 24, 2021 | The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) has made headlines by making its first charge against a private company using a new corporate anti-bribery provision. The agency is seeking a fine of RM321,350 ($79,000)...
COVID-19 & Corruption: Latest Trackers, Articles, and Resources
May 14, 2021 | The staff of the Anti-Corruption & Governance Center at CIPE has compiled this list of recent publications and resources to help the global anti-corruption community, and is updated monthly. The most recent...
New Alliance Will Support Anti-Corruption Reporters in Sudan
May 13, 2021 | Reporting on corruption in Sudan was life-threatening work during the dictatorship of Omar Al-Bashir. At a recent gathering of local investigative journalists organized by the Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) and...
The Anti-Corruption & Governance Center fights corruption on four fronts:
Click through for examples of each body of work.
Targeting the supply side of the corruption equation by reducing private sector misconduct.
Managing corruption, labor, and environmental risks by helping companies adhere to international standards.
Anti-Corruption Rapid Response
Acting swiftly to cement anti-corruption gains during political windows of opportunity.
Private Sector Collective Action
Building coalitions of companies to fight corrosive, endemic corruption.
Resources & Publications
Democracy that Delivers #263: How ‘Access Money’ Corruption Boosts and Threatens China’s Growth with Yuen Yuen Ang, PhD
Professor Yuen Yuen Ang, PhD, joins the CIPE Anti-Corruption & Governance Center podcast this week to provide an expert’s guide to how corruption has supercharged and complicated China’s blistering rate of economic growth.
Democracy that Delivers #260: Corruption at the Root of Afghanistan’s Chaos with Ikram Afzali of Integrity Watch Afghanistan
Ikram Afzali, Executive Director of Integrity Watch Afghanistan joins CIPE's Anti-Corruption & Governance Center podcast to discuss the precarity of Afghanistan's future.
This is a report on the Corruption Risk Mapping (CRM) and Anti-Bribery Compliance Assessment conducted in November 2018 in the Private Sector on behalf of the Kenya Private Sector Alliance (KEPSA).
SUBSCRIBE TO ACGC NEWSLETTER
EVENTS & INTERVIEWS
COVID-19 & Corruption Series
- COVID-19 and Corruption: Upholding Integrity in Eastern Europe’s Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses – 4.23.2020
- Corruption, Global Trade, & COVID-19 – 5.6.2020
- COVID-19 and Corruption: Business Integrity in Emerging Markets – 5.14.2020
- Corruption and Government Responses to COVID-19 in Latin America – 5.20.2020
- COVID-19 and Corruption: Exploring Corruption Risks in the Health Sector – 5.27.2020
- COVID-19 and Corruption: What Cheap Oil Means for Corruption and Governance – 6.3.2020
- COVID-19 and Corruption: The Rapid Responders – 6.24.2020
- COVID-19 and Corruption: IMF and World Bank Responses to COVID-19 – 7.15.2020
- Democracy That Delivers #222: Crisis of Corruption in Lebanon
- Democracy That Delivers #223: The Story of a Whistleblower, with Jim Wasserstrom
- Democracy That Delivers #224: What it Means to be a Whistleblower, with Jim Wasserstrom
- Democracy That Delivers #225: How to Support Whistleblowers, with Jim Wasserstrom
- Democracy That Delivers #227: Forestry Compliance with Alfredo Rodriguez
The Anti-Corruption & Governance Center is part of the Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE). Launched in 2018, ACGC is home to much of CIPE’s thought leadership on anti-corruption programming, including the Rapid Response, Integrated Compliance, and Anti-Corruption Compliance approaches currently being implemented in over 30 countries.
We believe that effective, inclusive, and transparent governance is essential to provide equal access to prosperity. Much of our work is informed by the fact that corrupt actors are endlessly imaginative, demanding equally resourceful solutions. Strong democratic institutions and civil society actors curb corruption by holding public officials, businesses, and individual citizens accountable.
Meet Our Team
Click through to view bios.
Staci Samuels, Associate Program Officer
Holly Sandalow, Program Associate
Ben Schmidt, Associate Program Officer