Latest Business of Integrity Blog Posts
Mandatory ESG Disclosure is the Right Move for the Philippines
December 6, 2021 | As regulators in the European Union and North America take steps toward stronger ESG disclosure frameworks, Asian trade partner countries have launched new initiatives to prepare for the forthcoming rules. In August,...
COVID-19 & Corruption: Latest Trackers, Articles, and Resources
November 22, 2021 | The staff of the Anti-Corruption & Governance Center at CIPE has compiled this list of recent publications and resources to help the global anti-corruption community, and it is updated monthly. The most...
Addressing Gender & Corruption
October 26, 2021 | It is a well-known fact that the abuse of power for private gain—corruption—erodes confidence in democracy, undermines economic development, and creates unfair distortions in wealth and opportunity. What is less well-known is how the injuries...
The Anti-Corruption & Governance Center fights corruption on four fronts:
Click through for examples of each body of work.
Targeting the supply side of the corruption equation by reducing private sector misconduct.
Managing corruption, labor, and environmental risks by helping companies adhere to international standards.
Anti-Corruption Rapid Response
Acting swiftly to cement anti-corruption gains during political windows of opportunity.
Private Sector Collective Action
Building coalitions of companies to fight corrosive, endemic corruption.
Resources & Publications
Democracy That Delivers #294: Has Compliance Created a ‘Fabrication Culture’ in Emerging Market Businesses? – with Ethics Expert Hui Chen
Hui Chen, an internationally renowned leader in ethics and compliance, discusses the "uncomfortable" position that emerging market SMEs occupy with respect to global integrity and anti-corruption standards.
Democracy That Delivers #291: Why Business Standards Lept “3-5 Years…in 1 Year” with Tom Fox, Compliance Lawyer
Tom Fox, the extraordinarily prolific and knowledgeable host of the popular FCPA Compliance Report, talks about the link between two hot topics in the corporate compliance world – anti-corruption and ESG.
Theory of Change Infographic: Anti-Corruption Rapid Response
CIPE ACGC's Rapid Response Anti-Corruption program quickly deploys financial and technical support during windows of opportunity, guided by the theory of change illustrated in this infographic.
SUBSCRIBE TO ACGC NEWSLETTER
EVENTS & INTERVIEWS
COVID-19 & Corruption Series
- COVID-19 and Corruption: Upholding Integrity in Eastern Europe’s Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses – 4.23.2020
- Corruption, Global Trade, & COVID-19 – 5.6.2020
- COVID-19 and Corruption: Business Integrity in Emerging Markets – 5.14.2020
- Corruption and Government Responses to COVID-19 in Latin America – 5.20.2020
- COVID-19 and Corruption: Exploring Corruption Risks in the Health Sector – 5.27.2020
- COVID-19 and Corruption: What Cheap Oil Means for Corruption and Governance – 6.3.2020
- COVID-19 and Corruption: The Rapid Responders – 6.24.2020
- COVID-19 and Corruption: IMF and World Bank Responses to COVID-19 – 7.15.2020
- Democracy That Delivers #222: Crisis of Corruption in Lebanon
- Democracy That Delivers #223: The Story of a Whistleblower, with Jim Wasserstrom
- Democracy That Delivers #224: What it Means to be a Whistleblower, with Jim Wasserstrom
- Democracy That Delivers #225: How to Support Whistleblowers, with Jim Wasserstrom
- Democracy That Delivers #227: Forestry Compliance with Alfredo Rodriguez
The Anti-Corruption & Governance Center is part of the Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE). Launched in 2018, ACGC is home to much of CIPE’s thought leadership on anti-corruption programming, including the Rapid Response, Integrated Compliance, and Anti-Corruption Compliance approaches currently being implemented in over 30 countries.
We believe that effective, inclusive, and transparent governance is essential to provide equal access to prosperity. Much of our work is informed by the fact that corrupt actors are endlessly imaginative, demanding equally resourceful solutions. Strong democratic institutions and civil society actors curb corruption by holding public officials, businesses, and individual citizens accountable.
Meet Our Team
Click through to view bios.
Staci Samuels, Associate Program Officer
Holly Sandalow, Program Associate
Ben Schmidt, Associate Program Officer