Latest Business of Integrity Blog Posts
Why Beneficial Ownership Transparency is Essential for Compliance
October 2, 2023 | Beneficial ownership transparency is a vital element of any effective corporate compliance program. It is also a powerful check against corruption in society generally. These two facts are sometimes misunderstood or obscured,...
Beneficial Ownership Transparency Is Almost Succeeding. The Private Sector Can Help.
April 5, 2023 | In its mission to promote anti-corruption in emerging markets around the world, the CIPE Anti-Corruption & Governance Center produced this blog to provide a short history of beneficial ownership transparency and introduce...
Rapid Response Case Study: CIPE in The Gambia
March 3, 2023 | The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) pioneered its first rapid response anti-corruption program in The Gambia following the unexpected 2016 defeat of 22-year autocrat Yahya Jammeh to political newcomer and real...
The Anti-Corruption & Governance Center fights corruption on four fronts:
Targeting the supply side of the corruption equation by reducing private sector misconduct.
Managing corruption, labor, and environmental risks by helping companies adhere to international standards.
Anti-Corruption Rapid Response
Acting swiftly to cement anti-corruption gains during political windows of opportunity.
Private Sector Collective Action
Building coalitions of companies to fight corrosive, endemic corruption.
Resources & Publications
Democracy That Delivers #377: Exploring Innovative Anti-Corruption Training with Max Burger-Scheidlin
Dr. Maximilian Burger-Scheidlin joins Anna Kompanek, to provide an overview of his innovative anti-corruption training program, its target audience, the role branding plays in the success of the program, and its overall approach.
Beneficial Ownership Transparency — Exploring the Private Sector Use Case
Beneficial ownership transparency has emerged as one of the most effective tools for exposing corruption, and around the world 121 governments have committed to establishing central registers of beneficial ownership information.
Democracy that Delivers #374: Building Coalitions to Expose the Secret Owners of Shell Companies: The Global Push for Transparency
Gary Kalman, Executive Director of Transparency International U.S., explains why Beneficial Ownership Transparency is one of the most effective tools for exposing corruption.
SUBSCRIBE TO ACGC NEWSLETTER
EVENTS & INTERVIEWS
COVID-19 & Corruption Series
- COVID-19 and Corruption: Upholding Integrity in Eastern Europe’s Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses – 4.23.2020
- Corruption, Global Trade, & COVID-19 – 5.6.2020
- COVID-19 and Corruption: Business Integrity in Emerging Markets – 5.14.2020
- Corruption and Government Responses to COVID-19 in Latin America – 5.20.2020
- COVID-19 and Corruption: Exploring Corruption Risks in the Health Sector – 5.27.2020
- COVID-19 and Corruption: What Cheap Oil Means for Corruption and Governance – 6.3.2020
- COVID-19 and Corruption: The Rapid Responders – 6.24.2020
- COVID-19 and Corruption: IMF and World Bank Responses to COVID-19 – 7.15.2020
- Democracy That Delivers #222: Crisis of Corruption in Lebanon
- Democracy That Delivers #223: The Story of a Whistleblower, with Jim Wasserstrom
- Democracy That Delivers #224: What it Means to be a Whistleblower, with Jim Wasserstrom
- Democracy That Delivers #225: How to Support Whistleblowers, with Jim Wasserstrom
- Democracy That Delivers #227: Forestry Compliance with Alfredo Rodriguez
The Anti-Corruption & Governance Center is part of the Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE). Launched in 2018, ACGC is home to much of CIPE’s thought leadership on anti-corruption programming, including the Rapid Response, Integrated Compliance, and Anti-Corruption Compliance approaches currently being implemented in over 30 countries.
We believe that effective, inclusive, and transparent governance is essential to provide equal access to prosperity. Much of our work is informed by the fact that corrupt actors are endlessly imaginative, demanding equally resourceful solutions. Strong democratic institutions and civil society actors curb corruption by holding public officials, businesses, and individual citizens accountable.
Meet Our Team
Click through to view bios.