Latest Business of Integrity Blog Posts
The Moment has Arrived for Global Beneficial Ownership Transparency
September 15, 2021 | In today’s era of billion-dollar corruption scandals and wealth-hoarding kleptocrats, an increasing number of governments and global organizations are taking steps towards beneficial ownership transparency (BOT). A beneficial owner is, according to...
COVID-19 & Corruption: Latest Trackers, Articles, and Resources
August 30, 2021 | The staff of the Anti-Corruption & Governance Center at CIPE has compiled this list of recent publications and resources to help the global anti-corruption community, and is updated monthly. The most recent...
COVID-19 Renewed the Fight Against Financial Crime
August 24, 2021 | As COVID-19 spread across the world in 2020, it unleashed a torrent of high-profile corruption cases and opportunities for financial crime. Rising economic uncertainty created new opportunities for fraudsters, money launderers, and...
The Anti-Corruption & Governance Center fights corruption on four fronts:
Click through for examples of each body of work.
Targeting the supply side of the corruption equation by reducing private sector misconduct.
Managing corruption, labor, and environmental risks by helping companies adhere to international standards.
Anti-Corruption Rapid Response
Acting swiftly to cement anti-corruption gains during political windows of opportunity.
Private Sector Collective Action
Building coalitions of companies to fight corrosive, endemic corruption.
Resources & Publications
Democracy that Delivers #282: Greenwashing or ESG? Making Business Ethics More than Marketing with Tariq Fancy, CEO of The Rumie Initiative
Tariq Fancy, Founder and CEO of The Rumie Initiative, joins the latest podcast from CIPE’s AGCG to take a hard look at the perverse incentives poisoning the growth of ESG (or Environment, Social, and Governance) investing.
Democracy that Delivers #279: Rapid Response – What are Anti-Corruption Windows of Opportunity?
The 6th episode of our anti-corruption rapid response podcast mini-series features governance consultant Florencia Guerzovich and Open CoLab founder Dave Algoso breaking down their groundbreaking report on political windows of opportunity.
Democracy That Delivers #277: Rapid Response – NDI’s Experience Working through Transitions
The National Democratic Institute‘s Program Director Frieda Arenos and Southern and East Africa Deputy Regional Director Gemima Barlow share their experiences working with new governments during political transitions.
SUBSCRIBE TO ACGC NEWSLETTER
EVENTS & INTERVIEWS
COVID-19 & Corruption Series
- COVID-19 and Corruption: Upholding Integrity in Eastern Europe’s Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses – 4.23.2020
- Corruption, Global Trade, & COVID-19 – 5.6.2020
- COVID-19 and Corruption: Business Integrity in Emerging Markets – 5.14.2020
- Corruption and Government Responses to COVID-19 in Latin America – 5.20.2020
- COVID-19 and Corruption: Exploring Corruption Risks in the Health Sector – 5.27.2020
- COVID-19 and Corruption: What Cheap Oil Means for Corruption and Governance – 6.3.2020
- COVID-19 and Corruption: The Rapid Responders – 6.24.2020
- COVID-19 and Corruption: IMF and World Bank Responses to COVID-19 – 7.15.2020
- Democracy That Delivers #222: Crisis of Corruption in Lebanon
- Democracy That Delivers #223: The Story of a Whistleblower, with Jim Wasserstrom
- Democracy That Delivers #224: What it Means to be a Whistleblower, with Jim Wasserstrom
- Democracy That Delivers #225: How to Support Whistleblowers, with Jim Wasserstrom
- Democracy That Delivers #227: Forestry Compliance with Alfredo Rodriguez
The Anti-Corruption & Governance Center is part of the Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE). Launched in 2018, ACGC is home to much of CIPE’s thought leadership on anti-corruption programming, including the Rapid Response, Integrated Compliance, and Anti-Corruption Compliance approaches currently being implemented in over 30 countries.
We believe that effective, inclusive, and transparent governance is essential to provide equal access to prosperity. Much of our work is informed by the fact that corrupt actors are endlessly imaginative, demanding equally resourceful solutions. Strong democratic institutions and civil society actors curb corruption by holding public officials, businesses, and individual citizens accountable.
Meet Our Team
Click through to view bios.
Staci Samuels, Associate Program Officer
Holly Sandalow, Program Associate
Ben Schmidt, Associate Program Officer