Latest Business of Integrity Blog Posts
CIPE Launches Business Integrity Guide to Strengthen Emerging Market Companies
December 8, 2020 | Emerging market businesses that lack formal compliance processes suffer twice: first from inefficiency and then from losing out on beneficial partnerships. While companies in emerging markets are becoming formal businesses in increasing...
COVID-19 & Corruption: Latest Trackers, Articles, and Resources
January 12, 2021 | The staff of the Anti-Corruption & Governance Center at CIPE has compiled this list of recent publications and resources to help the global anti-corruption community, and is updated monthly. The most recent...
Businesses Must Up Their Game to Combat Crisis of Trust During Pandemic
December 16, 2020 | As 2020 draws to a close, pandemic fatigue has clashed with a second global surge in COVID-19 cases. A new round of full or partial lockdowns has spread across Asia, Europe, and North America, hampering economic recovery and reversing progress made earlier in the year. Businesses around the world face an urgent challenge, both to reassure their employees and customers that their health and...
The Anti-Corruption & Governance Center fights corruption on four fronts:
Click through for examples of each body of work.
Targeting the supply side of the corruption equation by reducing private sector misconduct.
Managing corruption, labor, and environmental risks by helping companies adhere to international standards.
Anti-Corruption Rapid Response
Acting swiftly to cement anti-corruption gains during political windows of opportunity.
Private Sector Collective Action
Building coalitions of companies to fight corrosive, endemic corruption.
Resources & Publications
Democracy That Delivers #240: Compliance, Environmental Laws, and Enforcement in a Time of Crisis
In this episode, Shahrzad Majdameli, an attorney with the International Network for Environmental Compliance and Enforcement (INECE), joins Communications Director Ken Jaques and Anti-Corruption Program Officer Michele Crymes.
Democracy That Delivers #239: Fraud Risk and Sustainability with Anti-Corruption Expert Kenneth Barden
What's the secret to making anti-corruption efforts effective in the long term? What lessons can be learned from the mistakes made in public funding and emergency supply chains during COVID-19?
Democracy That Delivers #237: Interview with FT Journalist Tom Burgis, Author of Kleptopia
Listen now to hear more about how Burgis’ “nonfiction thriller” breaks down the technical complexity of foreign corruption and money laundering into the human stories of four individuals at the nexus of foreign kleptocracy.
SUBSCRIBE TO ACGC NEWSLETTER
EVENTS & INTERVIEWS
COVID-19 & Corruption Series
- COVID-19 and Corruption: Upholding Integrity in Eastern Europe’s Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses – 4.23.2020
- Corruption, Global Trade, & COVID-19 – 5.6.2020
- COVID-19 and Corruption: Business Integrity in Emerging Markets – 5.14.2020
- Corruption and Government Responses to COVID-19 in Latin America – 5.20.2020
- COVID-19 and Corruption: Exploring Corruption Risks in the Health Sector – 5.27.2020
- COVID-19 and Corruption: What Cheap Oil Means for Corruption and Governance – 6.3.2020
- COVID-19 and Corruption: The Rapid Responders – 6.24.2020
- COVID-19 and Corruption: IMF and World Bank Responses to COVID-19 – 7.15.2020
- Democracy That Delivers #222: Crisis of Corruption in Lebanon
- Democracy That Delivers #223: The Story of a Whistleblower, with Jim Wasserstrom
- Democracy That Delivers #224: What it Means to be a Whistleblower, with Jim Wasserstrom
- Democracy That Delivers #225: How to Support Whistleblowers, with Jim Wasserstrom
- Democracy That Delivers #227: Forestry Compliance with Alfredo Rodriguez
The Anti-Corruption & Governance Center is part of the Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE). Launched in 2018, ACGC is home to much of CIPE’s thought leadership on anti-corruption programming, including the Rapid Response, Integrated Compliance, and Anti-Corruption Compliance approaches currently being implemented in over 30 countries.
We believe that effective, inclusive, and transparent governance is essential to provide equal access to prosperity. Much of our work is informed by the fact that corrupt actors are endlessly imaginative, demanding equally resourceful solutions. Strong democratic institutions and civil society actors curb corruption by holding public officials, businesses, and individual citizens accountable.
Meet Our Team
Click through to view bios.
Staci Samuels, Associate Program Officer
Holly Sandalow, Program Associate
Ben Schmidt, Associate Program Officer